The remains of the building are found northwest and in immediate proximity of The St George Rotunda. It is bounded on the south by the street positioned against the building with stores, on the south - by narrow passage, on the west - by the forum. In the east it brushes another subsequent building. The plan of the city council represents rectangle with 25.2 meters east - west length and 23.7 meters north - south width.
Despite the solid construction, significant part of the bouleutherion is destroyed because of the new buildings raised till 1952. This is a holdback to the graphic recovery of its initial look. In comparison the southern wall is in good shape and according to it are drawn conclusions about the way of construction. The maximum preserved height is 2.14 meters measured by the southeast corner. Exactly in the middle of the southern wall is the entrance, 2.75 meters wide. The western and the eastern wall have the same structure as the southern one.
In Serdica as a main city of province Inner Dacia (Dacia Mediterranea) in the last quarter of the 3rd century sits the council of the province (boule). All this probably demands more people to be gathered in there. In that case the initial building can be dated in the 3rd quarter of the 3rd century at the latest. After that it is radically changed - the empty before rectangle space is occupied by seats standing in tiers supported by cone shaped construction. The round walls and the roofing construction were kept.
That kind of building is found for a first time in Serdica. Its second period is typical - it refers to a building with an internal tier upon tier arrangement what some public buildings has. Such as the theatres, the odeons, bouleutherions from the Hellenic and Roman Age. Inside are not found platform, stage, it is small, situated right next to the city square (forum), which gives the assumption it is bouleutherion.